By the end of this week, the contractor will have set up the site for the construction of a sidewalk on the west side of Rue Meloche, between Chemin Sainte-Marie and Rue Tremblay. Excavation and ditch drainage will begin on October 16th, Monday to Friday, from 7 am to 5:30 pm. The work is scheduled to be completed by mid-November. ** If you plan to move, have work done or have things delivered at your place during this period, please notify the project manager of the city as soon as possible at 514 269-1443 **
The new sidewalk willextend from 2 Rue Meloche to 70 Rue Meloche, while the drainage pipe will reach 88 Rue Meloche.
Access to your property
Depending on the pace of the work, you will be notified by the project manager and / or contractor when your driveway entrance will be obstructed.
Three mail boxes located near 12, 20 and 40 Rue Meloche will be temporarily relocated in a pedestrian walkway at the entrance to parc Robillard (rue Grenier).
Traffic Management and Parking
At all times, a lane will remain accessible to traffic. When required, signalers will be on site to facilitate traffic. In addition, please respect the new prohibited parking zones on the street.
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for organic, garbage and recycling pickups, please place your bin at the edge of your driveway before 7:00 am and the contractor will ensure that your bins are picked up for the various pickups when your driveway will be blocked.
Contractor : 450-288-3523
City : from 7 am to 5 :30 pm : 514-269-1443 / from 5 :30 pm to 7 am : 514-457-1001
The Town of Baie-D’Urfé will undertake major repair works over a 400-meter portion of the service road in their Industrial Park. This will result in the complete closure of exit 44-Boul. Morgan of Highway 40 Eastbound.
- Starting Date : September 28th, 2017
- Duration of Construction : 4 to 5 weeks
Motorists will need to continue on Highway 40 eastbound, turn around at Saint-Charles Boulevard, then take Highway 40 westbound until exit 39 for Morgan Boulevard.
For more information, please consult the Town of Baie D’Urfé’s website.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS ON THE MAJOR REPAIR WORK AT THE INDUSTRIAL PARK IN BAIE-D’URFÉ
Work began on Thursday, September 28th, 2017
The city of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue was never consulted or advised that part of the traffic would be rerouted to Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, mainly on Chemin Sainte-Marie;
The detour signs were installed on Boulevard des Anciens-Combattants and Chemin Sainte-Marie without the knowledge or permission of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue;
The city of Baie-d'Urfé has diverted most of the morning rush hour traffic coming mainly from the cities of Vaudreuil-Dorion (A-40-East) and L'Île-Perrot (A -20 E) through Chemin Sainte-Marie.
This detour allows vehicles (light and heavy) to get to Morgan boulevard to access the Baie-d'Urfé industrial park. This situation is due solely to the closure of exit 44 on Highway 40 East, as planned by the city of Baie-d'Urfé;
Chemin Sainte-Marie becomes very busy during morning rush hour (from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.) according to the latest counts. These counts clearly demonstrate that Chemin Sainte-Marie does not have the capacity to accommodate the additional traffic flow coming from the west of the island of Montreal to reach Morgan boulevard:
- At the intersection of Chemin Sainte-Marie and Chemin Des Pins (MacDonald Campus), morning rush hour traffic equaled 474 vehicles / hour (count in March 2010);
- At the intersection of Chemin Sainte-Marie and Morgan boulevard, morning rush hour traffic equaled 958 vehicles / hour (count done in September 2017, before the repair work of the city of Baie-d'Urfé began). Of the number above, approximately 90% turn right towards the Baie d'Urfé Industrial Park;
- Notwithstanding the theoretical capacity of this street, we have to deal with congestion at the intersection of Chemin Sainte-Marie and Chemin Des Pins. In addition, we must take into account the "Stop" signs that are found at the intersections of Chemin Sainte-Marie and Meloche streets and Boulevard Industriel.
- It is important to note that Chemin Sainte-Marie in its current configuration (a narrow lane in each direction), has the characteristics of a local street, which is used by citizens of more than 520 residential units in the North Sector, all converging on Meloche and Industriel streets.
- However, it also has an arterial road vocation. This means that the traffic flows from collector streets Meloche and Industriel and the A-40 West exit "Boulevard Morgan" end up on Chemin Sainte-Marie, which leads to significant congestion especially during the morning rush hour.
Additionally, the main access for emergency services serving the northern sector of the city of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue is Chemin Sainte-Marie (Fire Station no. 51);
On Friday, September 29, 2017, the city of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue was invited for the first time to a coordination meeting by the city of Baie-d'Urfé on Monday, October 2, 2017;
During this meeting, we officially advised the city of Baie-d'Urfé that it was not possible to divert most of the traffic coming mainly from the west of the island of Montreal to Sainte-Marie street, especially heavy vehicles.
The city of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue cannot be held responsible for the management of traffic circulation during the major repair work in Baie-d'Urfé’s industrial park. Work planning and traffic management during the repair work is the sole responsibility of the city of Baie-d'Urfé.
The city of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue is willing to collaborate with the city of Baie-d'Urfé, as much as possible. However, we cannot jeopardize the city’s own priorities that we are obligated to fulfill.
The launching ramp for non-motorized boats will be the object of major repairs from October 16th to November 1st, 2017.
No traffic hindrance on Rue Sainte-Anne is expected. The launching ramp will not be accessible to citizens throughout the duration of the work
Works to repair Westbound beams on the Île-aux-Tourtes Bridge on Highway 40 will start on June 26th, 2017 and will last until winter 2018. Dynamic traffic management measures based on rush hour traffic will be implemented to minimize impact.
Traffic management – From June 26th, 2017 until winter 2018
Westbound direction (to Vaudreuil-Dorion)
- 3 lanes open between 2 pm to 7 pm on weekdays
- 2 lanes open outside this period
- No trucks allowed in the left lane
Eastbound direction (to Montreal)
- 3 lanes open from midnight to noon and from 9 pm to 11 :59 pm
- 2 lanes open outside this period
Please note that the speed limit will be reduced to 70km/h on the bridge.
In case of bad weather, or operational constraints, start of works in westbound direction could be postponed.