Saturdays and Sundays | July to September
Location: The Canal Boardwalk
Local musicians and performance artist may obtain permission to perform on the small stage on the Canal boardwalk throughout the summer. Check them out as you stroll the boardwalk.
Local musicians and artists are allowed to perform on the small stage situated on the canal boardwalk, in front of the small park known as « the x park » (close to City Hall, located at 109 Sainte-Anne Street)
Saturday, August 10: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm: Clare Keays
Sunday, August 11: 10 am to noon: Josh Adams
Sunday, August 11: 3 pm to 5 pm: Josh Adams
Individual musicians, music groups, street performers, actors/theatre, etc. Priority is given to artists from Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue.
Not eligible: Artisans, people selling products or services, etc.
In order to obtain a permit, the musician or artist must apply at the Recreation Department (Centre Harpell).
In order to apply, the following items are required:
- An example of their work (YouTube video, DVD, etc.);
- 1 or 2 references for the artist or group;
- A description of the artist or group, as well as their style of music/performance;
- A list of the names and addresses of the individual and/or groups members;
- Indicate your preferred performance dates and time slots (see program section for dates and times available).
If the candidate is approved for the « Buskers on the Boardwalk » program, the City will provide them with a letter or permit, giving them permission to perform at a specific location, date and time.
The deadline to submit an application for the program is Friday, June 21 2019. When required, a selection committee will analyse the applications received. The committee will consist of the Recreation Director, the Recreation Technician, a member of the Town Council, as well as one or two volunteers (residents of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue).
Each artist selected will be allotted a performance time during the summer. If additional spots are available in the schedule, a second performance may be granted.
It is still possible to apply after the June 21 deadline. However, candidates will be considered only if spots are still available in the schedule.
- Technical requirements : Performance must have very simple technical needs, and the artists must be autonomous;
- Size : Groups must have no more than 3 members;
- Style : The quality of the individual’s or group’s work;
- Appropriateness : The style must be appropriate for a family clientele;
- Local artists : A priority will be given to artists from Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue;
- Diversity : The Town’s goal is to offer a divers program. Artists will be chosen accordingly.
- Artists must not solicit spectators and/or ask them for monetary contributions. They may leave a « hat » or container on the ground for those who choose to contribute voluntarily. Spectators must at no time be harassed for a contribution;
- Artists are not permitted to sell CD’s or any other merchandise or promotional items on the stage, around the stage, or along the canal boardwalk;
- Artists will have access to two electrical plugs. No other material or supplies will be provided by the Town;
- Artists must show a copy of their permit/letter to the Municipal Patrol agent when asked;
- The noise level generated by the musicians/artists must stay at an acceptable level, and must respect the surroundings, spectators and nearby businesses;
- Artists must possess their own personal insurance. The Town does not accept responsibility for the artist before, during, or after their performance;
- The schedule must be respected at all times;
- All directives given by Town employees (i.e. Recreation Director, Tourism Agent, Security Staff) must be respected at all times;
- A sufficient amount of space must be left around the stage in order to allow people to circulate easily between the presentation and the spectators;
- The consumption of alcohol and drugs is strictly forbidden on the stage, around the stage and along the canal boardwalk;
- It is forbidden to drive any type of vehicle on the boardwalk and/or in the park close to the stage in order to unload equipment;
- There is no reserved parking provide for the artists participating in the program.
- In case of rain or bad weather; the Recreation Director reserves the right to cancel the artists` performance. The artists may also choose to cancel due to weather. In this case, the artists are asked to give a minimum of 3 hours notice of their cancellation. Cancellations due to weather will only be rescheduled if places remain in the schedule. Any cancellations made by the artists (not associated with the weather) will not be rescheduled.