Whether you want to practice your favorite sport, entertain the kids, enjoy a beautiful day outdoors or admire the water's edge, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue's parks offer citizens and visitors a variety of activities to suit every member of the family.
Visit the page below to find out more about each of the city's parks.
300, Cypihot Street, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue
Parc Aumais is a large municipal park with many facilities. It includes three tennis courts, an all-season rink, two play modules, swings and a soccer field.
The site welcomes many visitors, especially for the annual Skating Disco evening in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue.
- February 24, 2000: Unveiling of the cottage named after Peter Williamson, a former councillor and mayor of the municipality of Sainte-Marie before it was annexed to Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue.
- Summer 2022: On July 9, 2022, the City of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue inaugurated its 4-season skating rink, giving citizens the chance to skate all year round.
As all new developments must include an allotment reserved by the developer for a neighborhood park, Claude Robillard Park was conceived during work carried out in the northern sector of the city.
In the early summer of 2023, this park was equipped with a new basketball court, lampposts, street furniture and new child-friendly play modules. The official inauguration took place on July 7, 2023.
This outdoor space also features a dog park and a bike path joining Grenier Street to l'Anse-à-l'Orme Nature Park.
- July 2023: Construction and inauguration
Despite its small size, this park is within easy reach of several of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue's significant establishments, including the Harpell center, the municipal library and the village's only grocery store.
A bench is available for you to use while taking a break.
- To come
35, Perrault Street, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue
Formerly known as Perrault Park, Crevier Park received its official name in October 1967, in memory of Mr. J. Raynald Crevier, the city's alderman from 1929 to 1966.
The park features a play structure adapted to the needs of toddlers, swings, slides and lounge areas for parents looking after their children. It also includes two tennis courts and an ice rink in winter.
- Summer 2001: New play modules installed
136, Sainte-Anne Street, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue
Previously occupied by a commercial establishment, the land along Lake Saint-Louis' shores was acquired by the Town after its building was destroyed by fire. With the help of a government grant under the Revi-Centre program, the city then transformed this new acquisition into a park and boardwalk.
The Canal's Boardwalk was inaugurated in 1987, and now welcomes thousands of citizens, tourists and boaters during the summer season. Also known as "Parc en X" because of its design, this park is an important feature of Sainte-Anne Street and the canal.
Every weekend during the summer season, the Canal's Boardwalk Park transforms into a stage for local artists as part of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue's street artist program.
The distinctive character of this linear park is due to its landscaping, its wooden sidewalks that recreate the rural architecture of the past, and its picnic areas.
Several restaurants on Sainte-Anne Street have added terraces to their shop, adding to the boardwalk's appeal.
- 1987: Inauguration
Godin Park features many attractions including swings, slides, a roundabout, a small rock climbing wall, a wading pool and a recreational complex (courtesy of Club Richelieu).
There's also Michel Couillard's community garden, a picnic area with barbecues and, in winter, a skating rink.
The park offers a splendid view of the Lac des Deux-Montagnes, especially at sunset. This proximity to the lake is what prompted the Club nautique Le Pingouin to set up its summer base on this site. The club offers day camps, workshops and a boat rental service where one can rent canoes, pedalboats or sailboats.
The park was made possible by James Morgan, who donated the land to the municipality of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue in 1930, and by Sévère Godin, who enabled its development.
- 1984: The city erects a chalet, which in 2018 is named the Chantal Family Chalet in honor of this notorious family and its impact on the city's history.
Harpell Park is home to numerous facilities, including the municipal library, swimming pool and Harpell Centre. The latter is the current home of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue's recreation department. It also houses the town hall and other multi-purpose rooms designed to meet the needs of residents and the 40 or so associations active in the community.
In the past, the land at Harpell Park belonged to a certain Mr. J.C. Tremblay. Tremblay and the park was dotted with trees under which Sunday strollers would sit on cement benches to listen to the "Fanfare" playing under the roof of the " Pavillon " erected at the far end of the property.
A substantial donation of $25,000 from the Harpell family of the Garden City Press enabled the construction of a sports and recreation center. The Harpell building was designed by architect Napoléon Bourassa and built by the firm J.P. Desroches et Cie ltée in 1948. It was blessed in February 1949 by Abbé E. Charlebois, parish priest, and opened for official public use on November 5, 1949, by Viscount Alexander de Tums, Governor General of Canada and Commander-in-Chief.
In September 2021, a TrekFit outdoor training circuit was installed in the park and inaugurated under the name "Zach's gym" in memory of Zacharie Richard, a city resident and outdoor enthusiast who lost his life at the age of 20.
Today, Harpell Park continues to serve the physical needs of its residents with its swimming pool, paddling pool, ball field and two skating rinks in winter.
- Spring 2001: Installation of the play modules
- October 2001: Beginning of landscaping work
- November 2001: Redevelopment of Christie and Sainte-Élisabeth streets
- November 2001: Library development work by Cosoltech, based on plans by architects Provencher, Roy et Associés
- September 2021: the TREKFIT training circuit named "le gym à Zach" is opened to the public in memory of Zacharie Richard.
24, Sainte-Anne Street, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue
Located at the eastern end of Sainte-Anne Street, on the shore of Lake Saint-Louis, Kelso Park is a quiet place for relaxation. Its rest areas and surrounding greenery make it an ideal place to unwind.
The park is also home to Astri Reush's "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors and Inner Beings". This sculpture was conceived as part of the Conseil de la Sculpture's "Seduction 1990" project, and its realization would not have been possible without the following donors: Association du Carnaval Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue inc, Banque de Montréal succursale Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Banque Nationale succursale Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Lavalin inc, La Prudentielle, Dumas et Voyer ltée and Pierre et Béton national ltée.
Besides relaxation, this park is known as an excellent fishing site. In fact, as soon as spring arrives, many fishermen gather here to practice this activity.
Kelso Park owes its name to Mr. Robert F. Kelso (M.A, M.B, L.M.C.C) for his dedication to the population as the town's physician and health officer from 1914 to 1963.
- July 1966: The park is officially recognized as Kelso Park
Located at the corner of Sainte-Anne and Saint-Pierre streets, Lalonde Park is a central location in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue.
During the urban redevelopment of the southern sector in 1964, a piece of land owned by the municipality was laid out as a neighborhood park on Saint-Pierre Street, hence its name "Saint-Pierre Park". It was later transformed into a dog park.
- 1964: Development of Saint-Pierre Park